Prof. Natubhai K. Shah
Supervisor Department of Jain Studies
Address: 20 James Close, London NW11 9QX
Telephone: 020 8455 5573. Facsimile: 020 8 922 7619
Place and date of birth: India. 16-09-1932
- Practitioner 1957-1968 (India), 1968-1996 (Leicester UK)
- Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine
- Retired in 1996 and moved to London to devote full time on social and charitable work.
- Honorary Fellow in Jain Studies, University of Birmingham
- Research Associate SOAS, Member of Leicester University Court.
- University of Birmingham as Fellow in Jain Studies.
- Involved in Framing the Jain Studies syllabus in Mumbai University & International Summer School of
- Studies in North America.
- Author of the Jainism Examination Course for Introductory and In-Depth Studies.
- Executive Editor of the Jain quarterly magazine 1982-91.
- Author of an article in "my God: Letters from the famous on God and the life hereafter", Pelham Books,
- Co-author of the section on Jainism 'The World's Religions' published by Reader's Digest 1993.
- Jainism: The World of Conquerors (2 Volumes) published by Sussex Academic Press 1998.
- Author of the section on Jainism 'World Religions' published by The Times 2002.
- Evolution of Jain Iconography in Acta Comparanda XIII, FVG Antwerp, 2000.
- Sacred Spaces: Jain Temples: in Interreligious Insight, 2003.
- Jainism and Islam in Acta Comparanda XIII, FVG Antwerp, 2002.
- Editor: "Jainism Explained" by Paul Marett, 1985.
- Editor: "Jainism for young children" by Vinod Kapashi, 1984.